Architecture and Historic Preservation (ARHP)
Program Title and Classification
Architecture and Historic Preservation
Graduate Certificate Program
- Statement of Purpose: In addition to the stated requirements, students should discuss specific interest in pursuing a concurrent dual degree within two programs.
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Writing Sample of at least 10-30 pages. This can be previous individual academic or professional work. It does not necessarily have to be related to architecture and historic preservation, however a related topic is preferred. The writing sample should demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem/question and clearly communicate your findings. Upload to the Writing Sample of the Uploads Requirements section of the online application.
- Must be admitted by both programs to pursue dual degree
For more admissions information or to apply to the program, please visit our Graduate School website: www.gradschool.umd.edu/admissions
|Type of Applicant||Fall|
US Citizens and Permanent Residents
F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas
A,E,G,H,I and L visas and immigrants.
Other Deadlines: Please visit the program website at http://www.arch.umd.edu
Master of Architecture and Master of Historic Preservation (dual degree) (M.Arch. and M.H.P.)
The dual degree combines course work from the Architecture and Historic Preservation programs to enable a student to complete both the Master of Architecture and Master of Historic Preservation degrees with fewer credits than it would take to complete the two separately.