Corporate Innovation (MPCI)
Program Title and Classification
Graduate Degree Program
The Master of Professional Studies in Corporate Innovation (MPS-CI) prepares graduates to apply newly gained insights and acquired competencies to real-world innovation management challenges, enabling students to navigate the innovation value chain from idea generation to product development and commercialization. MPS-CI is offered through an online learning environment within a 12-week calendar format benefitting working professionals with flexibility, convenience, and accessibility.
MPS-CI’s curriculum delivers an incubator experience grounded in sound theory and rigorous analysis associated with high quality graduate education. The program offers a continuum of new venture creation within established companies and large organizations, including iterating ideas, testing business models, and launching high-potential ventures.
MPS-CI is a 30-credit, 10-course graduate program that may be completed in 15 months by enrolling in two 3-credit courses over the course of five 12-week terms. Students are admitted as a cohort and follow the plan of study as outlined below.
The MPS-CI prepares students to:
- Think beyond current paradigms in order to discover innovation needs and envision impact through strategic idea and concept development (Term 1).
- Leverage their ideas for new corporate ventures to create sustainable business models aligned with customer needs and wants in competitive marketplaces (Term 2).
- Understand the value of data collection and analysis for decision making, and how to translate product and service ideas into marketable solutions (Term 3).
- Understand how to manage commercialization challenges efficiently and effectively through negotiations and problem solving (Term 4).
- Understand how to lead the creation and launch of corporate ventures through appropriate business development, risk management, financing, and value extraction strategies (Term 5).
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
Program Specific Requirements:
*Visa Eligibility: This program is not eligible for I-20 or DS-2019 issuance by the University of Maryland.
For more admissions information or to apply to the program, please visit our Graduate School website: www.gradschool.umd.edu/admissions
|Type of Applicant||Fall||Spring|
US Citizens and Permanent Residents
F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas
A,E,G,H,I and L visas and immigrants.
Other Deadlines: Please visit the program website at http://www.oes.umd.edu/graduates-post-baccalaureates-professionals/professional-graduate-programs/corporate-innovation
Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.)
|Total Credits||Core Requirements|
30 credits required
ENES 662: Innovative Ideas and Concept Development (3 credits)
ENES 663: Strategies for Managing Innovation (3 credits)
ENES 664: Business Modeling and Customer Validation (3 credits)
ENES 665: Innovative Thinking (3 credits)
Data Analysis and Decision Making (3 credits)
Managing Product Development and Production (3 credits)
Marketing and Selling Innovations (3 credits)
Negotiating and Problem Solving (3 credits)
Financing Innovation and Growth (3 credits)
Building and Leading Innovative Organizations (3 credits)
For more information, please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Extended Studies
0132 Main Administration Building
University of Maryland
College Park MD, 20742
entrepreneur, entrepreneurship, innovation, strategies, strategic, business modeling, customer validation, data analysis, product development, negotiation, marketing, financing, leading, leadership, corporate, industry, organization