Business Administration (online) (OMBA)
Program Title and Classification
Business Administration (online)
Graduate Degree Program
The Robert H. Smith School of Business offers graduate programs leading to the degrees of Master of Business Administration (MBA), Executive MBA (EMBA), Online MBA, Master of Finance, Master of Science in Accounting (MS), Master of Science in Information Systems (MS), Master of Science in Marketing Analytics (MS), Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MS), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The school’s MBA program is accredited nationally by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Only about 607 programs in the world are accredited by the AACSB, a reflection of the quality of the faculty, students, curriculum, and career management.
The Smith School of Business faculty has been recruited from the graduate programs of leading universities nationwide. They are world-renowned scholars whose teaching and research equips students with the wisdom of business scholarship rooted in the experiential lessons of the marketplace.
In addition to mastering core functional business knowledge, Smith students develop sophisticated analytical skills and an “integrative” systems understanding of the way the functional aspects of organizations interact. Students learn how to leverage big data for better decision-making, and explore their career options in a tight-knit community that encourages intelligent risk-taking, not cutthroat competition. Class sizes are small and the faculty are supportive, challenging and invested in student success.
We strongly encourage you to visit the Smith online MBA program website at http://onlinemba.umd.edu/. Additionally the Smith School website http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/ contains a wealth of information regarding all graduate business programs and their admissions processes.
Smith Online MBA Admissions Information: 877-807-8741
Admission criteria for the Online MBA program can be found at http://onlinemba.umd.edu/.
|Type of Applicant||Fall|
US Citizens and Permanent Residents
|Please visit the department's website|
F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas
A,E,G,H,I and L visas and immigrants.
|Please visit the department's website|
Other Deadlines: Please visit the program website at http://onlinemba.umd.edu/
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Select an MBA specialization in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems and Business Analytics, Accounting or Marketing, or choose the general track that introduces you to the core concepts of each specialization. Earn your MBA online in as few as under 2 years while remaining active in your current career. Engage in education online through a flexible, user-friendly learning environment recognized as one of the best in the marketplace.
Note: Curriculum and course offerings are subject to change.
Facilities and Special Resources
The Office of Career Services (OCS) serves as partner for students future success. Whether it's advancing confidently through a student's current organization or taking the leap to transition careers, Smith's OCS is here to help. The OCS provides students with access to:
- One-on-one career coaching: Appointments are available throughout the lunch hours and into the evening to accommodate our busy professionals' work schedules. Students have the option of meeting in person or remotely to cover a wide range of career-related topics.
- Assessment tools to identify career interests and strengths, and provide insight into development needs and potential business career options.
- Career exploration resources including a library of industry-specific videos and webinars, as well as business directories, articles and career guides with insider information.
- The UMD Alumni Network
- An automated job posting, application and interview scheduling system, and access to MBA-Exchange, which provides information on MBA-level opportunities throughout the country and globally.
- Opportunities to network with students and alumni from the broader Smith MBA community, and more!
- Note: OCS services may be subject to change.
Financial support may be available to qualified online MBA students in the form of scholarship.
Smith online MBA admissions can be reached at 877-807-8741 or email@example.com. Additional information about the program and admissions requirements can be found at http://onlinemba.umd.edu/.
Online MBA Admissions
Van Munching Hall, College Park,